Your session will begin with a short introduction delivered by the session’s chair/moderator. This will be followed by your lecture. Your designated lecture time includes the time for Q&A. Some sessions end with specially designated Q&A time. If this is the case in your session, your allocated time is intended only for your presentation.
You will have a timer in front of you at the lectern and you are kindly requested to respect the time frame allocated for your lecture. The lecture and discussion times will be monitored by the session Chairperson who also controls the switch between presentations.Lectures are not to start early, even if a speaker in the session fails to arrive. Empty time will be filled with discussion.
Uploading Your Presentation
All speakers must submit their presentations at the AV Control Desks at least 1 hour before the start of their session in order to check their slides with the technical staff and upload the presentation onto the network. If using a Power Point (or any other computer format) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a memory stick (using the USB port in the computer).
The AV Control Desks are located in the session halls (Auditorium II and Auditorium III). Please check the program to see the allocated hall of your talk. You can upload your presentations at any time from the beginning of the conference and do not need to wait until the day of presentation. Speakers in morning sessions are strongly advised to pre-load their presentation the day before.
Preparing Your Slides
- Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2013 (at least)
- Screen projection ratio in the Halls is 16:9 and all presentation slides need to be in the same ratio.
- In compliance with EACCME requirements all speakers are requested to include a slide disclosing conflicts of interest at the beginning of their presentation (i.e. 2nd slide). Please CLICK HERE to download a template of the disclosure slide.
- We strongly recommend not using own computers for presentation – please note that the time used for connecting own computer will be deducted from the total presentation time.
- However, if you choose to use your own computer please note it has to have HDMI socket for external signal. In such case please come to update the AV support about it and come to test it in the session hall during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Video Films in Your Presentation
If combining video films with Power Point, please make sure to check it in the session hall during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Alternatively, you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a HDMI adaptor for external signal, advise the operator at the AV Control desk about it as soon as you arrive and later on test it in the Session Hall during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.